My first days and my first review on The Ordinary products, is everyone so excited to know about them like me? Let’s start this post by saying that all the pictures that are going to be shown here are free of makeup or any kind of retouches on my skin, so it’s completely natural skin with all the imperfections.
My Skin Problems
As I said in my last post about The Ordinary products, if you haven’t seen the first one, click here and read that one first, my skin is a problematic and acne-prone one, and also so sensitive to some products.
Since I got into the “teenager” phase, seems that I got stuck into that phase of my life when it comes to skin problems, acne, red and black spots and etc.; since then I’ve been trying lots and lots of different products from different brand and lines, most of them don’t really work on my skin or even worse, they turn my skin into a more problematic one, that’s the reason why I was so excited to try The Ordinary Skincare line.
In my opinion, it’s really important to bring up this type of subject since I always had so much problem with my skin and I know lots of people have the same issues as mine. I know the struggle and all the insecurities that acne can cause, it can even affect your self-esteem and it happened to me before.
As you can see, my skin has some red acne spots and some pimple scars. It’s really hard to get rid of all the scars since I’m always having new pimples all over my face.
Since I started to read more and more about The Ordinary products I was becoming more excited to try them out because their promises and all the reviews that I’ve had read, they were all tremendously good.
Since I started to use The Ordinary products, I had to change all my skincare routine and today I would like to show you the products that I’ve used along with The Ordinary ones. I have two different routines, one for the morning, when I wake up and one different routine for the night time because your skin needs different types of products during day time and night time.
- First Step: When I wake up, the first thing that I do for my skin is to wash it with cold water and that’s it. I don’t add any facial cleansing foam/soap, it’s just cold water.
- Second Step: I apply 3 drops of my Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Serum all over my face. I use my fingers to do that and let it dry on my skin. This product will help my skin to stay stable and don’t break. So far this my favorite product from The Ordinary.
- Third Step: I apply my moisturizer, it’s really important to have a good moisturizer that matches your skin type. I use a moisturizer that is made from Olive Oil, which is rich in Vitamin A, D, E and K. The leader vitamin is the Vitamin E, which is an oxidant that protects skin from damaged caused by free radicals.
- First Step: on my day-to-day, I don’t wear much makeup but sometimes I do, so first, I always clean my face with a makeup remover and the one that I’ve been loving is the one from Mixa for combination or greasy skin, it really leaves my skin feeling soft and not dry, as most makeup removers do.
- Second Step: I wash my face with my favorite cleansing foam from DM and it’s called LVLY. It’s made with Manuka-Honey Extract and leaves my skin feeling so soft and fresh, it doesn’t leave the dry feeling of many soaps we are used to, so I highly recommend this one.
- Third Step: after washing my face I apply three drops of my favorite serum, that I’ve mentioned before, and let it dry on my skin for one or two minutes until applying other products.
- Fourth Step: it’s time to moisturize the skin and I start moisturizing mine with my 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rosehip Seed Oil from The Ordinary. I always apply 5 drops in my palm’s hand and spread with both hands giving light beats on my face, so that the product is better applied to the skin.
- Fifth Step: the last step is just applying my Olive Oil Moisturizer all over my face and making sure all my face has some moisturizer and none part is missing and now, we’re ready to sleep.
ONCE A WEEK
Once a week I use my AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution from The Ordinary and it’s been really good for my skin, I feel like my skin is so much thinner than before and I’ve only used it three times. I’m really looking forward to seeing results after some time using these products from The Ordinary.
I just wanted to update how is my skin after starting using those products from The Ordinary and it’s been really good to record all these processes so I can see the real results from the products. I’ll be doing more posts about their products and my thoughts and if it’s really worth trying them, for now, all I can say is that I’ve been loving their products and the money that I’ve spent was worth it.